Cine Colombia achievements
At the end of 2018 the company’s operation completed 45 multiplex, 321 screens and 61.000 chairs. Cine Colombia’s share regarding the number of cinematographic complexes (multiplex), was 20,7% and on screens 28.4% in relation to the total industry nationwide.
- Cine Colombia managed to consolidate its best year both in viewers and at the box office. Of the 12 months of the year, 8 of them reached the record for the best month in history. In 2018, 27,7 million viewers entered the theaters, billing $252,176 million, compared to 2017 when 24,9 million viewers entered and $238,798 million were billed at the box office.
- In the industry market share the leadership was also strengthened in box office and viewers, with 45,6 % and 43,3 %, respectively. In the previous year (2017) these same indicators were 43,8 % and 39,7 %. This confirms the success of the strategies applied by the company. Likewise, of the 13 cities where Cine Colombia is present, in 9 of them it is the box office market leader.
- The food business in 2018 grew 15,2 % compared to the previous year, achieving sales of $225.069 million, figures with which the company in this line would be in the top 10 of the large food chains in the country.
- The Cineco APP grew 48% as a sales channel compared to 2017, managing to sell 2,2 million tickets for cinema and alternative content; this means that the APP participated in 7,8% of the total tickets sold by Cine Colombia
The other special products of the company presented the following behaviors:
- Cineco Card: 300 new cards were placed and 1,1milion cards registered transactions.
- Cineco Plus Bracelet: this novel bracelet targeted at kids was launched, with which they can buy products and services at a special price through collectible pins and redeem prizes.
- Platinum Cineco Card: in its second year of operation this loyalty card reached 18,879 clients in this category, which compared to the 15,490 users of the second issuance of the card represented a growth of 22%.
- Cineco Portal: 1,1 million tickets were sold through this channel and 45,7 million visits were received.
- Box Office Express / Kiosks: The service Box Office Express was implemented through which 1,2 million tickets were sold.
- Pop Cinema: the “Pop Cinema” product was launched, the new microwave popcorn that can be found at box office and supermarkets.
The company carried out several measurements throughout 2018 which reaffirmed the position of leadership, positioning and excellent reputation. These measurements were:
- The Net Promoter Score (NPS), an indicator that allows knowing the recommendation rate and customer satisfaction with the brand. The results of this indicator have been 64 for 2018, which compared to a score of 57 in the previous year gives a growth in satisfaction of 12,2 %.
External brand health study, where the brand predisposition went from 46,3 % in 2017 to 48,2 % in 2018. This indicator measures the percentage of people who think of Cine Colombia as the first option to go to the movies.
- Route 90 is the initiative that has the greatest external recognition and that has helped to boost the good reputation of the company. This initiative has managed to transport the magic of movies so that thousands of families enjoy for the first time the big screen. In its first two years it reached 28 of the 32 departments of the country, traveling 38 thousand kilometers and more than 2,000 nautical miles to visit a total of 309 towns.